Thursday, September 13, 2007

Park Bench 1

A man walks over and sits down on a park bench. His hair is messy, he's semi-unshaven, though he looks nice. Looks ahead:

Man: You know philosophers today have a number of theories on whether or not the mind is associated or not, with whole body thing. Some think that your mind is just a by-product, what was it called?....epiphenomalism...yeah....they think that you're body directly affects your mind, but your mind has nothing to do with the body, or some crap, I dunno. Any one of these theories either goes in one extreme or the other, using examples that support them and B.S their way through whatever philosophical ether bullshit they have to tolerate.

Why the hell doesn't any one just say "Lookit, you have a mind, and body...The body affects the mind, and the mind affects the body...and the mind is like nothing else, ever."

People question to much is all I'm sayin.

This park is nice, ain't it. A doughnut with a bloomin' lake in the center, about high noon you his breeze that is warm just up to the point it hits you, then it's cool, or at least the time of year. In the winter, kids come out here and walk around and talk about whatever kids talk about. They really do have it all figured out, ya know? They walk along here, in the shit people used to throw away, or give to helping hands or somethin'...and they talk about life like they've scene a slice...if only that crap we're recorded...self help would be changed forever man, forrrrever.

Who knows more about finding someone than a kid, really? Do you get as many dates as you did when you were 17? yeah...also, did you ever just freely open up to someone like you did when you were 17, or is it a science on who I am gonna breed with for the rest of my life before the ol' clock stops winding right?

I think I was in love once, yeah...sure...to be honest, it was a little bit uncomfortable, people are like "It's the greatest feeling ever!" But I dunno, it was kind of like having that vapor rub stuff all over your body. Everything can breathe, and you've got not a wall to stop this person from finding out something about you. It's like walking around with a target on your back.

Yeah...I'm a cynic....I've got my reasons too, wanna hear 'em?

One day I got up and knew everything. Bit far fetched, but true. I woke up and I knew whatever someone was thinkin, whatever was goin on, and it wasn't overwhelming, oddly enough, it was a rhythm.

I had a lady friend, beautiful girl, long legged, long haired, feminine but strong, tempered...just...I thought she was the one, which after 3 years, was a decent assumption. Then, she comes over, and I know man, why is the guy not living with a chick he's been with for three years, welllp, its a longer story, for a longer time...but anywho...

She came over, and all I sensed, felt, and knew about her, was dark, and negative, and hateful, towards me..she was going through the motions, she was unfaithful, and she knew that I had not a clue about any of it.

Never met a better actress.

So, after that blow I just left, picked up my coat, left her in my appartment, and left...I went to this park. I sat down at this bench, I looked at this lake, and I just waited until I forgot everything. I forgot everything by feeding Gulls...and watching the dog's walk their owners. I forgot everything by being near, everything that mattered. When I forgot everything, I remembered only what I knew before, and what I learned about me...and went home. It takes a moment to learn something, but...you never forget what you just don't come prepackaged knowin'....I didn't forget what I saw in her, even though I forgot everything else...it's the things that make the ripples, that hang out in the bottom of us.

Anyway, that's the end of that story....

No comments: